Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Amazing Corn Chowder

I just made the most wonderful corn chowder.  Among all the lovely goodies we received from the food co-op yesterday, there were six ears of corn (there are some advantages to living in Las Vegas; one is that we get produce from California and their first corn crop is in!)  Not wanting it to go bad, I looked for a new recipe and found it here:  http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/corn_chowder/.  I added an Anaheim pepper (also from the co-op) and some cilantro (from my garden).  Delicious.

And more kitchen goodness:

Key lime pie is my favorite.  The co-op sent along key limes and I decided to make a pie.  The results were far superior to the chain restaurant that is famous for pies and soooo inexpensive (well under $5).  I find it deplorable that the above mentioned restaurant sells theirs for $18 each.  This is extortion, as far as I'm concerned.  But I guess people must pay it, because they're still in business.  (I only bought mine when they were having their $6.99 per pie sale.  Hurray!  My pies are better (according to my family) and much less expensive.  Plus, I know exactly what goes into them.  Here is my pie, earlier today:

No comments: