Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Antiques and Tea

My daughter, Morgan and I escaped the heat this week and visited the antique mall and Market Tea Room.  We had fun poking around in all the different stalls and wondering about the people who owned the things that now reside in this building.  I found some beautiful cobalt blue glass bowls that I could easily live with, but resisted.  If they are there the next time I visit, perhaps they are meant to come home with me.  Instead I found the perfect birthday present for my dear friend.  (Randall, if you're reading this, you'll just have to wait until July to find out what it is!) 

Morgan made a friend:
Then we rounded the corner and discovered this dramatic lady:
She was obviously ready for her close-up, so I took it:
Then we went to the tea room and had a delicious lunch of sandwiches and soup (the soups there are incredible and different every day).  There was still a little room left, so we split a carrot cake.
All in all, it was a splendid day!

No comments: