Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Garden Surprise

I went out this morning and discovered that the pumpkins and cucumbers have sprouted!  I guess I won't doubt the master gardening guide again.  I purchased a couple of watermelon plants along with a couple of penstemon yesterday.  They're in the ground and looking happy.  Pruned the olive tree this morning, and -- wonder of wonders! -- there's actually a space now to plant things.  This seems to be my mantra this summer:  plant more things, plant more things, plant more things...

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Oh.....I wish I could grow melons!! I am trying a new squash this year, a huge warty thing....if it grows and I actually get a squash from it I am going to try to save seeds . Glad your garden is doing well.