Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I saw a bee...

this morning, buzzing around my volunteer squash plants.  I was excited and depressed at the same time.  Depressed that I should be excited by the appearance of one bee.  Excited by the fact that there was one.  I remember bees by the hundreds when I was a child.  Now they are so rare.  Last year, when I went camping in the Valley of Fire, the desert was a-buzz everywhere I went.  This year, there were so few.  It makes me want to take up bee keeping, but I don't have the first clue about such a thing.  Here are my lovely squash plants that appeared out of nowhere this spring.

No comments: