Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Market Tea Room

My aunt, daughter, and I lunched the other day at a lovely place nestled in an antiques mall.  It is locally owned and operated, which I think is important in this day of chains and big business.  Everything is made from scratch and delicious.  I had a chicken salad sandwich with cranberry mayo and lemongrass soup (heavenly!).  They also serve high tea (my daughter and I are already planning to come back for that).  We even got to meet the chef, Carolyn Geiger (how often do you get to meet the owner/chef of the place where you eat?).

If you live in, or are traveling to Las Vegas, I recommend The Market Tea Room located at 6665 S. Eastern Avenue.  And when you've finished eating, there's the antiques mall to explore!

No comments: