Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Woman with heavy machinery...

I decided it was time to do something about the copper pinwheels I started a while back.  So off I went to Home Depot (my home away from home) looking for a soldering iron.  Once I explained to the woman in the tools department what I wanted to do, she said I didn't need a soldering iron, I needed a
 torch.
Well.  That was a little daunting.  She explained how to use it and that it was much more versatile than a soldering iron.  I mentioned that after I'd soldered the pinwheels to the copper tubes, I could then make creme brulee and she said indeed, I could.  So I got it.  I've always wanted to make creme brulee...

I finished adding wires to the pinwheels,
then sallied forth into the yard, torch in hand to attach them.  And you know what?  It worked!


 They aren't super-fancy, but I can always add to them later.




They even twirl in the breeze :)



And the really great thing is, THEY'RE OFF MY DINING ROOM TABLE AND IN THE GARDEN!













Now all I need is a good creme brulee recipe...

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Yeah!! I have a iron and a torch and I have to say I am more comfortable with the iron.
But creme brulee sounds enticing...

Good job on the pinwheels!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Those are so nice! You've inspired me to make something similar for my gardens … might hoist a can from a soda-drinking friend and see how upcycling a can for the pinwheel plays out. It'll be small … but that's OK!

Thanks for the inspiration!