Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A New Arrival

I'm so excited!  Look what arrived today:
It's an Underwood Olivetti 44 that I got from Ebay for $51.  And that is an incredible deal, folks.  I know, because I've been researching manual typewriters for a while and these suckers are outrageously expensive (like $400 - $700).  I was explaining it to my daughter and how we used these all the time.  She is fascinated.  I'd forgotten how much strength it requires to type on a manual typewriter!  There's even a "cents" key.  And you have to create your own exclamation mark using an apostrophe and a period.  So much fun!

1 comment:

marilyn said...

Jealous...it's so cute. Can you still find ribbon for them?